Skip to main content

The Waiting Game

When I woke I realized I had been moved to a different room and Dr. Clouatre (Clue-art if you're wondering) was sitting in front of me. He informed me that he had already contacted two specialists that he would be working with for my twin pregnancy.

'I'm going to lose one, doc. We don't need a specialist.'

In case I wasn't clear before, I want to state that I LOVE THIS MAN!!!

'You just never know what's really going to happen, Brittni. One day at a time.'

I went on to ask about the odds of losing both babies when I miscarried Baby B, which was a huge mistake. I had a few questions, he had answers, we hugged, and I left the office feeling like I had just been given two beautiful babies and then stripped of them.

I got in my truck determined not to tell anyone about the twins. I would just pretend like it was a normal pregnancy and then I could grieve in peace and private. Pssshhh, that lasted all of five seconds. I immediately called my (ex) Mother in-law, who promptly jumped on a plane to come and help me through my hysteria for the weekend.

Christmas morning we went to my dad's house to do gifts and just as we walked in I had a wave of morning sickness, which for me, was more like awake sickness. If I was awake, I was sick. Jace opened his 'Big Brother' sweatshirt from us first and there were hugs all around.

My daddy caught me crying in the kitchen so I told him about Baby B and how I would lose her at some point in the near future.

Josh was out of town for New Year's Eve, so I headed out to daddy's house with Jace and my bestie, Niki. I was feeling pretty sickly but it was nice to be around friends. We ate, they drank and it was a fun night. Just as we were loading up to leave, my 'awake sickness' kicked in with a vengeance! I'm not gonna lie, on New Year's Eve, puking feels super lame if you haven't had a single drink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the Man I Never Met

I think we would have been good friends, you and I. I would have enjoyed giving you hell about 'America's Team' and Tony Romo, even though your son has taught me to love and respect them. We would have watched football games, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. I'm sure you would have teased me about being so uptight and anxious about the kids running around the house before dinners, cookouts, or during games. I wish I had gotten the chance to know you, Gary Sugar. In the last two years I have learned so many amazing facts about you. Most importantly, you were victorious. You were brave, courageous, selfless and stubborn. You raised two incredible men. “Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.”  ―  Shannon L. Alder You are missed. deeply. It's hard for me to even consider publishing those words, because I know that they don't even begin to convey the depth that you are l...

When you just can't even...

So, I am typically a person who is completely and utterly against putting any size, shape or sort of dirty laundry on social media, which is why many people didn't even know when I was going through a divorce. I'm making an exception today, because frankly, I just can't even. I'm so bewildered, flabbergasted, confused, taken aback (insert EVERY synonym for any of these terms here) at a situation that took place today, so much so, that I JUST CAN'T EVEN. CAN'T. Do you ever have those days where everything goes wrong, or just seems so ridiculous that you are certain that at some point you are going to run into a wall that is painted to look like the sky because you know that you absolutely have to be on something like the Truman Show where everything is happening for someone else's entertainment? No, just me? Huh. Well, the last few months, I keep waiting for someone to jump out and shout "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!" It hasn't happened...